What to Expect on Your 1st Visit
You do not need a referral Plan on spending one hour with us Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment Bring any spinal x-rays you have
Your Chiropractor will examine your spine by performing tests such as
- Static Palpation, which is simply feeling the bones in your spine for tenderness, swelling and other abnormalities
- Motion Palpation, which is simply bending your spine to look for signs of fixation Instrumentation, which involves
- running a Nervo-Scope down your spine to locate areas of swelling. It detects heat, which is an indication of swelling.
Digital x-rays are taken on site with images available instantly.
X-rays are taken for several reasons including:
- To determine the condition of the discs (the cushions between the vertebrae in your spine)
- To determine if there is any degeneration, and if so how severe it is
- To locate potential problem areas and
- To rule out other pathologies (disease).
To see is to know, to not see is to guess.
- Gonstead doctors don’t want to guess at your health care.
- X-rays are an important tool of analysis.
- X-rays assist in providing you with the best possible care.
- Explaining the cause is important because it provides you with an understanding of how your problem arose and how to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Your Chiropractor will discuss the findings with you.
- We will give you an opinion as to what your complaint is and how it got there.
- A management plan is developed to treat you.
- If the diagnosis is one that requires further investigation or specialist intervention we will refer you to an appropriate practitioner.
A management plan includes:
- chiropractic adjustments
- soft tissue work and massage
- exercise program
- dietary advice
- ergonomic advice We may suggest the application of ice, heat, or use some other procedure to help reduce your symptoms and make you more comfortable.